We encourage you to help return lost items to their owners! If you come across a lost belonging, you can:
- Look for a name label, and contact the owner directly via email or Slack.
- Post a notice on the Slack lost-n-found channel, so that others know you have their lost item. (Learn how to search for a specific Slack channel)
- Drop the item off at the Lost & Found in the Student Life Office (E52-101). Leave it at the front desk, and we'll take care of the rest.
MIT Sloan Lost & Found Policies:
- Items found should be delivered to the Sloan Student Life Office in E52-101. If your belonging is labeled with your full name, we will do what we can to notify you of its whereabouts. Unclaimed items will be held for 30 days, after which time they may be donated to a charitable organization. High value items will be turned over to the MIT Police Lost & Found in Building W89.
- Please note that for the purposes of maintaining a sanitary space, we will not keep food or drink items or other perishables for 30 days, but rather will dispose of them as necessary. If you have lost your lunch box or coffee mug, please be aware that the maintenance of these items will be at the discretion of the Student Life Office.