About the OpsSimCom:
The 16th Annual Operations Simulation Competition (OpsSimCom) 2020 is a student-led event where you can compete with top graduate students from around the world to see who can run the most profitable factory.
Prize pool of $ 5,000 and no travel required!
Play an online simulation against teams from around the world to manage a factory: make investments, cut costs, borrow money, forecast demand, find bottlenecks, fulfill orders and satisfy customers!
We have witnessed the best teams from around the world pit their wits against each other in what the game creator has called "possibly the most challenging assignment I've ever created." OpsSimCom will use a simulator especially designed for the competition, and no prior experience with the simulation is required. Even if you have played this game in class, this will not be a repeat of what you have seen before.
Monday, April 6 @ TBD: First Simulation Training Event
Tuesday, April 14 @ 11.59 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT): Registration Closes.
Wednesday, April 15 @ 5 PM EDT: Event link and data released to registered teams
Friday, April 17 @ 5PM EDT: 2020 OpsSimCom simulation begins!
Sunday, April 19 @ 5PM EDT: OpsSimCom simulation will end. The final results will be declared soon after.
First: $ 3,000
Second: $ 1,500
Third: $ 500
Important Note: Prize money is awarded to people individually, not as a group, and is taxable income.
- All participants must be currently enrolled students at the Masters level or above.
- The competition is entirely online. No travel is required.
- There is a limit of up to 4 students per team (and as low as 1 person per team).
- No limits on the number of teams per school.
- No help can be taken from professors or others outside of the team.
- Each person can only be on one team.
- Two teams are not allowed to interact/help each other.
It is important to follow all the rules - without any exceptions!